The 100 sq ft retail mall at the junction of Kallang Rd and Lavendar Rd, more then double the retails space of Sport Hub nearby: http://aperia.com.sg/
New University at Sims Drive: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/education/story/james-cook-university-singapore-get-bigger-campus-sims-drive-20140805
Photos of retail and entertainment beside the sports hubhttp://www.colling-ips.com/project-detail.php?id=22http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Downtown_MRT_Line
Click to enlargehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geylang_Bahru_MRT_Station
Photo 1 from Urban Redevelopment Authority
Photo/drawing 2 from Jalan Besar Town Council
Like shopping, entertainment and seasport centres etc. Two big plots of empty land beside it, are waiting to be developed
A new MRT line to criss cross Kallang MRT station was planned.
Nearby Geylang 44 condo slated to be built soon and low lying houses were demolished. Many shops were upgrading to attract the middle class residents
Government to pump in a massive $500 millions to upgrade the parks, canals and around the area.
Every day many students from all over Singapore comes to the Kallang River to practice various forms of seasport.
A new award winning, state of art $2 billions Singapore Sports Hub front by seasport facilities shopping and entertaining centre, is under construction beside the Kallang River.
The Marina Sands Integrated Resort is quite near the area. And the billions dollar Garden By the Bay.
Many old shophouses beside the main road were upgraded, with eye catching colourful lights and signboards, more are on the way.
Geylang is one of Singapore favourite eateries, which attracted huge crowds from all over Singapore and tourists.
Many contractors come to Geylang source for tools and equipments. Quite a number of interior design shops spring up.
Every day many foreign students come to study at the nearby private school (SHINES)
It was bustling with 24 hours eateries and shops.
With the massive development of turning old houses into condo, Geylang could one day with the most condos in Singapore
The Kallang Bahru MRT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kallang_Bahru_MRT_Station
Map of Kallang MRT: http://www.streetdirectory.com/asia_travel/travel/travel_id_5918/travel_site_48215/?x=103.87146031894&y=1.3115864818418&l=13
- More than 4,000 private homes withwaterfront views west of Kallang River.
- Office, hotel, retail and entertainmentspace.
- Hotel cluster with some 3,000 rooms.
- Old Kallang Airport conserved, sold and adapted to new uses.
- Promenade along Kallang River andRochor Canal to be upgraded.
- Kallang Riverside Park to the west ofKallang River will be upgraded withabeachside lagoon.
- Integrated second-storey linkway from Kallang MRT station to the new Sports Hub, with shops lining the way.
- Sports Hub will have new National Stadium, Aquatic & Water Leisure Centre, Multi-Purpose Indoor Arena, the Singapore Indoor Stadium.http://www.architekturezt.com/the-singapore-sports-hub-in-kallang-singapore/
- A new 55,000-capacity National Stadium with a retractable roof and comfort cooling for spectators;
- A 3,000-capacity indoor Aquatic Centre complete with leisure facilities, expandable to 6,000-capacity for specific events that meets world tournament standards;
- A 3,000-capacity Multi-purpose Indoor Arena which will be scalable, modular and flexible in layout;
- A Water Sports Centre to enhance sports offerings in the Kallang Basin
- 41,000 sq m of commercial space for leisure, shopping and dining activities
- A Sports Information and Resource Centre (SIRC), comprising a library, a museum and an exhibition centre
- Sports Promenade and Community Facilities
- The existing 12,000-capacity Singapore Indoor Stadium featuring an exciting line-up of vibrant entertainment
- It is only a 10 minutes walk from Geylang Bahru MRT station to Kallang MRT Station and Lorong 1 Geylang Bus Terminal